Welcome to our HCA - Contra Costa County page.
Our next chapter meeting is scheduled for Sunday May 7 see Meetings below for details
Now Is The Time Healthcare for Everybody, FIX IT Healthcare At The Tipping Point, and The Healthcare Movie
We can host a screening for you and your friends or members of your organization. Following the one hour plus (or a shorter version), we can facilitate a discussion. Contact Nel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 26, 2017, 3 pm - 5 pm,
We invite you to join us at one of our meetings. We encourage you to get in touch if you need information or would like to get involved. We love to hear from you.
- Provide education for the community on issues dealing with healthcare reform
- Offer public forums and presentations to community groups
- Publicize related community activities
- Table at community events
- Advocate with our legislators in visits, letters, and phone calls
- Seek endorsements for legislation. To see a list of organizations in support of prior single payer bills click here. Click here for a write-up on how to request and process an organization's endorsement. Click the following links for: SB 562 Sample Letter of Organizational Endorsement, SB 562 Sample Letter of Small Business Endorsement, 5 Reasons for Bussiness to Support SB 562.
- Provide representatives to meetings of a larger coalition within the East Bay dedicated to Single Payer Health Care reform
- Support the AllCare Alliance by providing representatives to meetings and by seeking endorsements. See this page for more information and a list of endorsers. For an endorsement form click here.
- Fundraise for both our local and state organizations
- Inform and recruit members
We have a dedicated team of volunteers working on these items in West Contra Costa County.
The Contra Costa County Chapter meets bi-monthly on Sunday afternoon from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. The meetings are held in Building 1 Conference Room (Clinic Building) at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, 2500 Alhambra Avenue, Martinez. 2017 Meeting dates: Feb. 12, Mar. 19, May 7, Jul. 9, Sep. 10, Nov. 12.
The West County Team meets bi-monthly on the second Wednesday of the month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The meetings are held at the West County Health Center, Conference Room A ,13601 San Pablo Ave (just North of Vale Rd), San Pablo. 2017 Meeting dates: Feb. 8, Apr. 12, Jun. 14, Aug. 9, Oct. 11.
Links to Recent Chapter Newsletters
For a Background History of California Single Payer Legislation
HCA Chapter Meeting on 2/12/2017
The Chapter is happy to be considered for sponsorships of single payer related events in Contra Costa County, such as conferences, etc. We can help in many different ways. All sponsorship requests will be considered by our Executive Committee. Please forward all sponsorship requests as early as possible to one of our Chairs, Marian Shostrom or Janet Thomas. Clearly state the purpose of your event, provide a list of the main sponsor and co-sponsors, and indicate by what date you need a response. Include an explanation of the expectations, publicity, staffing, financial, etc. of sponsorship requested. The Chapter looks forward to working with you.