Welcome to our HCA - Contra Costa County page.
Join us at one of our upcoming meetings
Contra Costa Chapter on Sunday January 14, 2018, Central-East CountyTeam: Thursday TBD, West County Team on Wednesday February 14, 2018. See Meetings below for details.
We need as many endorsements of SB 562 - The Healthy California Act as possible. Keep the endorsements coming.
- Individuals can sign a petition in support of SB 562 here.
- Businesses please endorse the Business Alliance for a Healthy California and SB 562 here. 5 Reasons to Support SB 562.
- Submission of organizational endorsements is easy, just e-mail your signed endorsement to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com. The following links will help you:
Now Is The Time Healthcare for Everybody, FIX IT Healthcare At The Tipping Point, and The Healthcare Movie
We can host a screening for you and your friends or members of your organization. Following the one hour plus (or a shorter version), we can facilitate a discussion.
We invite you to join us at one of our meetings. We encourage you to get in touch if you need information or would like to get involved. We love to hear from you.
- Provide education for the community on issues dealing with healthcare reform
- Offer public forums and presentations to community groups
- Publicize related community activities
- Table at community events
- Advocate with our legislators in visits, letters, and phone calls
- Seek endorsements for legislation
- Provide representatives to meetings of a larger coalition within the East Bay dedicated to Single Payer Health Care reform
- Support the AllCare Alliance by providing representatives to meetings and by seeking endorsements. See this page for more information and a list of endorsers. For an endorsement form click here.
- Fundraise for both our local and state organizations
- Inform and recruit members
We have dedicated teams of volunteers working on these items in Central, East, and West county.
The Contra Costa County Chapter meets bi-monthly on Sunday afternoon from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., with the exception of January when we meet from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The meetings are held in Building 1 Conference Room (Clinic Building) at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, 2500 Alhambra Avenue, Martinez. 2018 Meeting dates: Jan 14, Mar. 11, May 20, Jul. 8, Sep. 9, Nov. 11. You can view our July 16 meeting notes here.
The West County Team meets bi-monthly on the second Wednesday of the month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The meetings are held at the West County Health Center, Conference Room A ,13601 San Pablo Ave (just North of Vale Rd), San Pablo. 2018 Meeting dates: Feb. 14, Apr. 11, Jun. 13, Aug. 8, Oct. 10. You can view our October meeting notes here.
The Central/East County Team meets on an as needed basis from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Pleasant Hill Co-Housing, 2200 Lisa Ln, Pleasant Hill. If you plan to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a Background History of California Single Payer Legislation
HCA Chapter Meeting on 2/12/2017
The Chapter is happy to be considered for sponsorships of single payer related events in Contra Costa County, such as conferences, etc. We can help in many different ways. All sponsorship requests will be considered by our Executive Committee. Please forward all sponsorship requests as early as possible to one of our Chairs, Marian Shostrom or Janet Thomas. Clearly state the purpose of your event, provide a list of the main sponsor and co-sponsors, and indicate by what date you need a response. Include an explanation of the expectations, publicity, staffing, financial, etc. of sponsorship requested. The Chapter looks forward to working with you.